Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Flashback -- Composition #6

I might hand in for my school assignment. It's just about all I can think to do... but I think I might have to change it. Anyway, here goes...

I was having a normal day at school today. No rare occurances, nothing particularly special. At the end of the day, I headed towards the bus like usual. I ran into my friend Jack on the way. I smiled and gave him a quick hug hello and goodbye. When I felt him hug me back, I suddenly got a crashing wave of memories flooding back into my mind...
I panted as I gently laid my bike onto the ground. I walked up to Martha's front door and knocked. I hear her wolf-like dog inside going crazy at the sound of an intruder; I used to be scared when I heard the big animal bark, but now I wasn't scared. I'd seen him too many times to be afraid anymore. Martha's younger brother let me in. I walked through her house to the computer she was sitting at.
"Hey, what's up?" I asked casually. We talked our small talk and I walked past her to the stairs. I went upstairs and found the friend I had really come to see-John.
"Hey," he gave his salutations. My heart skipped a beat when I saw his handsome face. I greeted him with a hug. I felt so safe in his warm and loving embrace. He sat back down at the upstairs computer.
"Here, let me show you this vid I found the other day." He shared with me some of his favorite new rap stars. I showed him a few of my favorite songs. We have very different tastes, but we understand we're different and listen to what the other person is interested in.
"Hey, dorks!" Martha called from downstairs. Jon and I obediently came down.
"Check out the TV-it's a really good anime!" I smiled. Martha has a slight obsession with anime and manga. I share it, but not so extremely. I prefer to read real books most of the time, or to watch silly movies about love. Love stories are my favorite. I always imagine falling into one-being swept away by my true love, getting through all kinds of hardships together with him so that we can live happily ever after. I turned to John. He chanced to look at me just then; we smiled at each other. I thought, "Maybe I can have my happily ever after... someday."

I snapped out of my flashback just in time for Terry to fly by me yelling, "Hurry up before you miss your bus, you idiot!" I smiled. Of course I would daydream during rush hour. I ran to catch up, and when I caught up and she asked what I was smiling so big about I just told her I was thinking of silly love stories again. She rolled her eyes.
"Yeah, you would do that." I agreed and hopped onto the bus with her. I hoped that someday my daydreams might come true. I settled into the bus seat and stared blankly out the window, thinking about all my tomorrows and smiling back on the past at the same time.




By the by--I changed names in this, duh. Just FYI.

No comments:

Post a Comment